Sample Testing Questions For CNA Exam
Sample test questions for CNA exam can help you get a sense of what’s involved and whether your ready for the NNAAP (National Nurse Aide Assessment Program) certification exam. The exam is administered by the American Red Cross.
Whether your first considering becoming a certified nursing assistant, or have taken CNA training classes and are wondering whether you are ready to take the exam, sample test questions can help you prepare.
The CNA certification test consists of both a practical exam, and a written exam. The practical exam is a “hands-on” skills assesment where the proctor will test you on your step by step knowledge and ability for a given task. They will also be gauging how confident and attentive to detail you are in each situation.
Sample tests and sample testing questions can make all the difference in how you perform on the CNA exam. The best way to pass a practical exam is to know what you are doing and more importantly, to know why it is that you are doing it. The better prepared you are, the more confident you will be in your knowledge and understanding of the practices. Knowing the written material down pat will help you pass the hands on/skills section. Utilizing sample testing questions for CNA certification exams are one of the best ways to improve your chances and will help set you up for success with your test.
The first part of the certification test is the written examination which is comprised of seventy (70) multiple-choice questions. Ten (10) of these questions are pre-test (non-scored) questions on which statistical information will be collected.
This is followed by the oral examination – sixty (60) multiple-choice questions and ten (10) word recognition (or reading comprehension) questions.
The second test is called the Skill Evaluation. Here, candidates are asked to perform 5 randomly selected nurse’s aid skills, rated by a nurse evaluator. The candidates must successfully perform all five skills in order to achieve NNAAP certification.
The written test is divided into the following aspects:
- Ten reading intellectual capacity questions.
- Sixty MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions).
- If one wish to given an oral test, the application must be submit beforehand.
- Time limit of this written/oral test is around two hours.
The clinical skill test is further divided into the following phases:
- Students are asked to perform five indiscriminately selected clinical skills.
- The time limit for this test is approximately twenty five minutes.
- The nursing assistant surveyor evaluates the skill presentation of the students and rates them accordingly.
- If the students are successful in performing the skills, they are one step closer to receive CNA certification.
Sample Testing Questions for CNA:
5. Which of the following statements is true about range of motion (ROM) exercises?
(A) Done just once a day
(B) Help prevent strokes and paralysis
(C) Require at least ten repetitions of each exercise
(D) Are often performed during ADLs such as bathing or dressing
10. Gloves should be worn for which of the following procedures?
(A) Emptying a urinary drainage bag
(B) Brushing a resident’s hair
(C) Ambulating a resident
(D) Feeding a resident
13. A resident has diabetes. Which of the following is a common sign of a low blood sugar?
22. Which of the following questions asked to the resident is most likely to encourage conversation?
(A) Are you feeling tired today?
(B) Do you want to wear this outfit?
(C) What are your favorite foods?
(D) Is this water warm enough?
These are just some sample testing questions for the CNA exam. We will be offering full sample CNA exams shortly that you will be able to download and study at your leisure.
143 total views, 1 today